OHS Act – New Standards Incorporated
South Africa. The Minister of Labour, under section 44 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, 1993 (Act No. 85 of 1993), incorporated into the Pressure Equipment Regulations (2009), the health and safety standards specified hereunder.
This notice was published in Government Gazette 32395 Notice No. R. 735 on 15 July 2009:
SANS 347: Categorization and conformity assessment criteria for all pressure equipment
SANS 10227: Criteria for the operation of inspection authorities performing inspections in terms of the Pressure Equipment Regulations
SANS 10019: Transportable metal containers for compressed gas Basic design, manufacture, use and maintenance
SANS 1475 – 1: The production of reconditioned fire-fighting equipment – Part 1: Portable and wheeled (mobile) rechargeable fire extinguishers
SANS 10087: The handling, storage, distribution and maintenance of liquefied petroleum gas in domestic, commercial and industrial installations:
- Part 1: Liquefied petroleum gas installations involving gas storage containers of individual water capacity not exceeding 500 litres and a combined water capacity not exceeding 3 000 litres per installation.
- Part 2: Installation in mobile units and small non-permanent buildings
- Part 3: Liquefied petroleum gas installations involving storage vessels of individual water capacity exceeding 500 litres
- Part 4: Transportation of LPG in bulk by road
- Part 6: The application of liquefied petroleum and compressed natural gases as engine fuels for internal combustion engines
- Part 7: Storage and filling sites for refillable liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) containers of capacity not exceeding 9 kg
- Part 8: The fuelling of fork-lift trucks and other LP gas operated vehicles
- Part 10: Mobile filling stations for refillable liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) containers of capacity not exceeding 9 kg.
SANS 10147: Refrigeration systems including plants associated with air-conditioning systems
SANS 1539: Appliances operating on liquefied petroleum gas Portable and mobile appliances – Safety aspects
SANS 1237: Single-stage low-pressure regulators for liquefied petroleum gas (LPG)
SANS 329: Industrial thermal processing equipment Safety requirements for combustion and fuel-handling systems
SANS 10105 – 1: The use and control of fire-fighting equipment Part 1: Portable and wheeled (mobile) fire extinguishers
SANS 1910: Portable refillable fire extinguishers
SANS 1567: Portable rechargeable fire extinguishers – C02 type extinguishers
Source: Implex Legal Compliance Solutions