Health & Safety Representative Course
COURSE DATE: 14-15 November 2011
On successful completion of this course, the learner will be able to explain and document structured workplace inspection observations and findings. These will be reported to and evaluated by SH&E Committee members before being submitted to management for corrective action and in accordance with OHS legislation.
The representative is the eyes and the ears of the employees.
Through continual inspections and meetings within the working environment, hazards and risks can be pro-actively identified and rectified towards a safe and healthy workplace.
At the end of this course, with the use of the SHEQ representative/workplace inspection manuals, you will be able to:
- Explain the duties and responsibilities of employers, employees, and SHEQ representatives and committees in promoting and maintaining a safe and healthy work environment and community.
- Discuss the general hazard management steps that should be included in company inspections, evaluations and reporting systems.
- Identify workplace hazards in the context of your workplace and evaluate your conformance to legislated standards.
- Record deviations and make recommendations for corrective actions.
- Participate effectively in SHEQ Committee meetings and monitor corrective action procedures.
Latest posts by sheqafrica (see all)
- Liefferink’s NGO lays criminal charge against Platmin - January 4, 2013
- Director in court after SA girl’s speedboat death in UK - January 3, 2013
- Health and Safety incident caused ArcelorMittal shares to fall - December 9, 2012