Comment on Waste Regulations in 2012
The Minister of Water and Environmental Affairs published on 10 August 2012 three revised draft national standards and regulations for public comment or objections, under authority of the National Environmental Management Act (NEMA), Waste Act;
• Standard for Disposal of Waste to Landfill. This standard sets requirements for disposal of waste to landfill as provided for in Regulation 8(1)(b) and 8(1)(c).
• Waste classification and Management Regulations, on classification and management of waste to support and implement provisions of the Waste Act, and to establish a mechanism and procedure for listing waste management activities that do not require a waste license.
The Regulations prescribe requirements for the disposal of waste to landfill, requirements and timeframes for management of certain wastes, as well as general duties of waste generators, transporters and managers.
• Standard for Assessment of Waste for Landfill Disposal, describing requirements for assessment of waste prior to disposal to landfill, in terms of Waste Regulations 8(1)(a).
Request copies of the relevant Government Gazettes via email@example.com
Operators may submit comments directly to the DWEA ministry, or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Edmond Furter (see all)
- A slip incident could expose workplace culture failure - May 22, 2013
- SA health and safety law update; May 21 - May 20, 2013
- Managers need driver retraining, says MBA - May 20, 2013