The Department of Employment and Labour has published the proposed amendments to the Occupational Health and Safety Act and is asking you to comment.
The Bill seeks to amend the Occupational Health and Safety Act. 1993, so as to:
▪ delete, substitute and insert certain definitions;
▪ effect certain technical corrections;
▪ further provision in respect of the health and safety of persons at work and for the health and safety of persons in connection with the use of plant and machinery;
▪ further regulate the protection of persons other than persons at work against hazards to health and safety arising out or in connection with the activities of persons at work;
▪ further regulate the composition of an advisory council for occupational health and safety;
Occupational Health and Safety Amendment Bill, 2021
Comments can be emailed to Mr Tibor Szana at Tibor.Szana@labour.gov.za by no later than Saturday, 31 July 2021.