On 5 June 2017, the Cygma Group will launch its Global Project 2022 in all regions across the globe. “I…Read More
- Competition Commission could stop construction safety registration
2 Mar 2017
SACPCMP Registrar Nomvule Rakolote told a Public Works committee that Competition Commission rulings could stop construction health and safety registration.
- SACPCMP clarifies construction health and safety liability
14 Nov 2016
The SACPCMP, registrar for project managers and construction health and safety professionals, clarified construction health and safety liability.
- Construction health and safety Agent job specification
25 Sep 2016
Standard services of a Construction Health and Safety Agent job follow the six stages of construction. Here is the scope of services.
- Mines sue inspectors for mine safety stoppages
25 Feb 2017
Sibanye Platinum claims R26.8-m from Mineral Resources minister Mosebenzi Zwane and three DMR officials, for losses during mine safety stoppages.
- Mine Health and Safety Centre of Excellence opens in 2017
25 Feb 2017
The Mine Health and Safety Council (MHSC) will open its Mine Health and Safety Centre of Excellence (CoE) in April 2017, to implement mining OHS research findings.
- Illegal mine closures expected
30 Jan 2017
State records show very few legal mine closures, indicating lack of environmental rehabilitation, lingering liabilities, and lack of state rehab capacity.
- Mining safety statistics up by 5%
23 Jan 2017
Mining safety statistics figures for 2016 have improved by 5% against the previous year, said the DMR.